06 October 2011

A True Faerie Tale

Once upon a time, back in the early 1980's, I gave birth to two sons (not at the same time but sometimes it felt that way!). We were living in the Foothills of the Adirondack Mountains at a Bible School that use to be called Pinecrest BTC. Our family lived in an old trailer at the end of the trailer court that was there for families attending the school and one of the living room windows faced the entrance to the woods.

I've always loved nature so this made me very happy! At bedtime I would take a baby in my arms, rock and sing him to sleep. I had the loveliest view of a path the entered into the woods and every night I would watch the woods grow dark as the sun was getting ready to set (inside the woods it would get dark before the sun set and welcomed in the night.

Last night when I went to pick up a friends mail at the end of the semi long driveway I just happened to notice two  driveways that went into a band of trees and curved out of sight. this reminded me of those peaceful nights long ago. I instantly ran to the house, grabbed my camera, and ran back to the mailbox. Quickly I took pictures before it got too dark.

I am so happy that I have pictures that remind me of that time and I will share them with you:




And sometimes I would wake up in the middle of the night feeling as if my cheek was being caressed and I would find that it was the Moon traveling along the treetops smiling down upon me. I always felt as if God was showing His affection for me. Here is a picture that brought that to memory though it wasn't quite the same.





1 comment:

Jtillmanct said...

I love How simple things in life can bring back such great memories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...