24 November 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is the one day of the year when most people concentrate on the food that is piled on their table in stead of the real reason we celebrate "Thanksgiving": to realize how much we have to be thankful for. Besides the normal stuff like a job, a house, your family, your friends,  there are so many little things that happen that often we don't see or realize. Here are a few things that I have noticed in my life: my jeweler sometimes fixes pieces for free, go to get a soda from a machine and there was the money in the change return, a friend gets me to pet sit as much as possible so I can save some money for a trip I would like to take, I can see and talk to my son in Paris through Skype, my younger son lives nearby and gives me massages from time to time, seeing a beautiful sunset like the one I saw last night - it was glorious pink and orange and the river water was purple, being able to "pencil painting" pictures, enjoying each season for its value, having perfume to wear, having hair - lost mine to chemo in the spring and it is growing back! There are so many blessings all around us we just need to look, enjoy, and be thankful.

God bless each one of you and have a thankful day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...