17 December 2011

The Beattitudes

For quite some time now every time I pick up my Bible to read I automatically go to Matt. 5: 3-12. Knowing what I know about myself especially lately I realize that I really need an 
attitude adjustment from time to time.... sometimes a lot of time. :-(  but I know God loves me anyway. So I decided to post them  and side notes I wrote here.


Note:The First 6 Beatitudes deal strickly with our heart.
         The 7th concerns our actions.
         8 +9 deals with the world's reactions to the righteous (us).


 "The BE - Attitudes."

  Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn*, for they shall be comforted**.
*about one's personal sinfulness, for what hey have or haven't done, how they have hurt others.
**Helped, held and protected, they are no longer alone to bear the pain.

Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall receive "Mercy."

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteous, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when men cast insults at you and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely, on account of me.

Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...