02 March 2012

Personal Journaling

Since I have a broken bone in my ring finger, wearing a splint that keeps my hand immobile, I am typing using one finger on my right hand and all on the left and it is not a comfortable way to type: makes my right arm hurt!



My topic today is Journaling. In the past I have journaled about what happened during the day, how I felt about things etc, you know, the diary type journaling. I have decided to try some Personal Journaling, writing from prompts, subjects, things I have read, things that stir up something inside me... this is the type of journaling that helps you to get to know yourself better, shows you patterns in your life - some that need to be encouraged and some that need to be broken, memories, brings up thought patterns that need to be changed, etc.

Here are some topics and prompts that will help:

- Draw a circle on your page. On the inside of the circle write things that you want such as balance, joy, love, friends, etc and on the outside of the circle write things that you don't want such as fear, depression, loneliness etc. Circle a word from the outside that stands out to you and the one inside that stands out to you. Pick out the word from the outside of the circle and write about it. Read it then see if there is more that you want to write about that word. Do the same with the word from inside the circle. This prompt can be done anytime you want because it may mean something different each time.


- Write the word "vulnerable" at the top of the page and write about it, whatever comes to mind. Read it. This prompt can be done anytime you want because it may mean something different each time.

- Close your eyes and take a deep breath. Notice the different smells, pick one then write about it. There may be memories that surface just from smelling that smell, some that were long forgotten, some are happy memories, some not so much. Read what you wrote. This prompt can be done anytime.

- Look around you and write about something that catches your eye. Read it. This prompt can be done anytime/anywhere.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...