27 March 2012

Response to an email I received from a relative which helped me work some things out.


Hi, thanks for responding to my post! I had a lumpectomy and both breasts were reduced but I still have “Lucy and Ethel.” LOL Yeah, I named them. I had a hysterectomy when I was 33 and I really had a time of it. By the time the Dr told me I had BC I already knew because I watched them do everything and asked questions throughout the whole process so it came as no surprise to me. I found out, after going through a divorce, that I became a strong person so I headed into the cancer dance head on with a my wacky sense of humor and faith.

I have learned a great deal over the past year and a half and it has taken a while for it to sink in my hard head but it finally is. So now I am opening up to the reality of the many faces of cancer (as they say at Virginia Oncology), understanding that I am continually changing. I was wondering why I was suddenly feeling on edge, real irritable, tiny weepy (that means I get teary eyed but that is it) – today I had an appt with my Plastic surgeon (everything was fine), and realizing that Monday I have another Mammogram and check- up with my Surgeon, and Tuesday I have Lab work at my Oncologists, I am facing the unknown which comes with anxiety and panic (I have Panic Disorder along with Fibromyalgia and a broken finger ) so I am experiencing the change from one face to another one (hope it is prettier than this one! LOL)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...