12 March 2013

A teary day


Today started yesterday when I watched the documentary Pink Ribbons. I know I have gathered so much info about cancer and research and non-profit organizations and so on but seeing it all together did a number on my head. A number of emotions began to swirl around in me so I took up my crochet and began to let some stress seep out. Today I awoke still feeling the irritation and feeling a bit teary eyed. Then I got a blessing I wasn't expecting: I had checked on a pink colored copper  bracelete in an Etsy shop and the girl and I chatted back and forth a bit about things and cancer came up. She said she has a friend who is an 8 year survivor. She decided she wanted to pay it forward and was going to give it to me, I tried to barter with her but she wouldn't hear of it. It made me cry to think that a complete stranger whom I will prolly never meet would give something to me. I'm not use to that.

I had to go to the store and when I got back and put everything away, I picked up the picture I am making in honor of Sara, put in the latest "Walton's" DVD from Netflix to watch on my computer. As I was working on the picture I realized it was the episode where Jason's best friend found out that he had leukemia and was dying. Yep, talk about an emotional moment. I took a few minutes to let the tears flow, then wiped the make-up off my face and am now about to getting back to finish the picture.

1 comment:

Joy Rockey Palakkal said...

Happy to meet you here and read your thoughts here..
With all Best wishes...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...