13 April 2017

WIP: Washes White as Snow finished painting and story


 
 Here's the process:















































Here is the story behind this picture: A few Sundays ago I was on the platform helping to lead song service when suddenly my husband appeared and whispered in my ear "It's snowing out." Now anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE to see snow falling, unfortunately I couldn't see it at that time. Now under normal circumstances he would never do such a thing but this was special.... the interesting thing was: we were singing " Oh the Blood of Jesus," and the words we were singing was "it Washes White as Snow." As soon as song service finished I hurried over to a window and saw that it was still snowing! Shortly after I sat down it stopped. And this is the picture that popped in my head while watching the snow falling.

Here are the symbols:

It is a Christmas ornament of the gift from God that starts with "The Christmas Story of Jesus Birth," the Heart stands for the Father and His love for us, the Cross stands for Jesus, the Wings stands for the Holy Spirit, the twigs in the wings are symbols of peace and promise (like the dove that brought the twig back to Noah in the Ark when the earth was drying up), the wings have the rainbow in them which stands for the promises of God, the snow stands for the fact that through the shedding of Jesus Christ's blood we are "Washed as White as Snow."

There are two scriptures written on the bottom of the picture which I will type out here:

Is 1:18 (Amp)

“Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the Lord.
“There was a legend among the rabbis that on the Day of Atonement a scarlet woolen thread was tied to the door of the temple, and when the scapegoat reached the wilderness (Lev 16:10), if the sins of Israel were forgiven the thread would miraculously turn white.Though your sins are like scarlet,
They shall be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They shall be like wool.


Ps 51:7 (HCSB)

Purify me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

Especially at this time we all need to fall to our knees and pray for forgiveness and for our leaders!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...