11 April 2017

WIP: Washes White As Snow

This painting isn't finished quite 
yet but I love it so!!!!!

There is a story behind it and 
many symbols in the picture

When I am totally finished the picture 
I will add the finished painting and 
I will  then tell the story 
and tell all the symbols. 
Sometimes symbols emerge to me 
later so I may return to 
add them as I learn of them. 

God will often inspire me 
to create something 
and then the symbols 
emerge a little at a time. 

So bear with me!



My normal medium is colored pencil so needless to say I started this painting as I would one of my colored pencil pictures: making patterns and tracing them on the canvas.





As you see I have traced them onto the canvas.




Beginning of the painting process.




Adding the heart, the cross, and the wings.



Painting in the wings.



 Adding the clouds.

.

Adding some color, ornamentals, small snowflakes,and  beginnngs of larger snowflakes.

 

Adding the larger snowflakes and the leaves of peace.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...